Due to NZ being in COVID-19 lockdown, all Rudd School of Rock lessons are currently being held online and not at our teaching venues.
New student registrations are still welcome.
Bass Guitar is a key part of a band's rhythm section. It is sometimes overlooked but a vital component to any musical group's sound and performance. When you listen to music, you would definitely notice it if the bass notes were missing!
Rudd School of Rock offers bass guitar tuition for kids and adults from beginner to advanced levels. Whether you want to learn to play for fun or you have hope of being a bass guitarist in a band one day, Rudd School of Rock will help get you there.
Key Features of Our Bass Guitar Lessons
Listed below are some key features of Rudd School Of Rock bass guitar tuition that we firmly believe sets us apart from the competition:
- Individual one-on-one bass lessons so that students have the sole attention of their teacher during each lesson for maximum learning success;
- Bass lessons are customised and adapted for each individual student according to their skill level, rate of progress, and particular music interests because one-size-fits-all does not bring out the best in each student;
- Our expert teachers have real-world music industry experience as performers/songwriters and have a wealth of practical knowledge to share with students working towards becoming future musicians;
- Lessons cover a range of musical styles and genres including rock, pop, blues, classical and jazz from both modern and historic artists so that all students build solid musical foundations;
- Teaching method designed to accelerate learning by teaching bass guitar fundamentals (technique, scales, notes, theory) in a practical manner through performing songs/exercises;
- Once basic fundamentals covered, students are encouraged to develop their own musical identities by choosing preferred musical genre(s) to focus on e.g. rock, blues, etc;
- Lessons are designed to be challenging but fun for the student.
Our specialist bass guitar teachers have years of experience in the global music industry and are passionate about passing their extensive knowledge onto future generations of bassists.